I would like to thank Amittras from https://vastnesswithin.wordpress.com/ for nominating my blog for the Liebster Award! 🙂 He describes himself as “A thinker, wandering through life, and wondering about its intricate turns.” I look forward to reading more about his wanderings.
Rules for the Nomination
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions of your choice.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
Questions I was asked:
- What is writing/blogging to you? For me, writing is a way to express my feelings. I often describe it as therapy. It helps me deal with sometimes difficult emotions through a creative process.
- Define fun for you! A family get together/trip. Coffee with a friend.
- What is one unusual thing about you? I had a complete career change at the age of 40 from music to special education.
- What is the one thing that you absolutely do not like about the world? The hate and racism that still pervades much of society.
- Which song do you currently have on repeat? “Like Everyone She Knows” by James Taylor. Really-anything by James Taylor. 🙂
- Which is the greatest movie of all time in your opinion? That is a tough one. I’ve always loved “It’s a Wonderful Life.” The phrase “no man is a failure who has friends” always sticks with me. “Steel Magnolias” if I need a good cry. I also found “Lion” a very moving story. “Interstellar” and “Arrival” are more recent favorites.
- What is your personality type? You can check out your personality type at 16personalities. Mediator INFP-T
- How do you deal with stress? I love playing the piano. It’s the one thing that helps my brain feel calm.
- What keeps you motivated? The idea of growing as a person and being able to encourage/help someone else along the way.
- If you could change your first name, what would you call yourself? I have no idea. I’ve always loved my name.
- What is missing in your life? This is a hard one to answer. Anxiety sometimes causes me to struggle with contentment. Particularly in my professional life.
- Are there any common traits between me and you? We both enjoy poetry and music. We both have poems published in “The Poets Symphony.” Book Release
- If you had the ability to talk to animals, which species would be your best friend? I think it would be the giraffe. I’ve always been fascinated with their long necks and beautiful design. They would have lots of advice on how to reach the sky.
- I’ve been playing the piano since I was a little girl.
- I love being the mom of three young adults and one daughter-n-law!
- My husband and I recently celebrated our twenty-seventh wedding anniversary!
- Colorado is one of my favorite places to visit.
- Coffee, coffee, and more coffee!
- I bake the best chocolate chip cookies.
- But I don’t really enjoy cooking.
- “Les Miserables” is my favorite novel and musical.
- I hope to someday publish a children’s picture book.
- I have a miniature dachshund named Poppy. She’s fifteen.
- James Taylor is my absolute, all-time favorite singer.
I nominate the following blogs:
- What/who influenced you to start a blog?
- Do you have a favorite song/singer/group?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Do you play a musical instrument?
- What book have you read more than once?
- Are you a coffee drinker?
- What do you most enjoy about the writing process?
- Do you consider yourself a good listener?
- What hopes do you have for the future?
- What are your biggest concerns for the future?
- What else would you like people to know about you?